BREEDER: LONITA B. KRESS
Phone: ______________________ (Hm) ______________________ (Cell)
Date Sold: _____________________ Sold as: Show / Breeding Quality
Sex: _________________ Color: ____________________________
AKC #: ________________________ Date Whelped: _________________
Show / Breed Price ______________________ as follows:
$1,700.00 deposit due (pet price)
BALANCE of _______________ due in FULL when dog wins first major or reaches 8 months of age, whichever comes first.
Buyer agrees that said dog is being purchased on a show contract and MUST be shown starting no later than 6 months of age. If the dog has been shown to at least 10 different judges without a win, an evaluation will be done by breeder to determine if the dog is show quality. If it is determined by breeder that the dog is not show quality based on physical characteristics,buyer has the option to spay/neuter said dog and keep him/her as a pet for the “pet” price ($1,700.00) that was paid up front.If buyer does not want to keep said dog as a pet then he/she MUST be returned to breeder (at buyers expense) and breeder will refund the pet price ONLY... OR replace said dog with another when one is available. Breeder will remain a co-owner on the AKC/NIPPO registration papers until all terms of this contract have been met in full. Breeder will have first chance to buy said dog back from buyer for no more than the purchase price if buyer decides at any time to sell said dog. Buyer agrees that said dog will NEVER be sold or leased to another party for breeding purposes WITHOUT breeders approvel.
1. Breeder guarantees that the above described dog is a purebred Shiba Inu with AKC registered parents. A copy of the pedigree shall be given to buyer on date of purchase. Buyer shall duly register ownership of this shiba with the AKC. Goldkress is to be on the front of registered name and breeder must approve the name before being sent in for registration.
2. Breeder guarantees this Shiba is in good health at the time of purchase and will furnish buyer with the dogs immunization record. Buyer shall have the dog examined by a licensed veterinarian within 72 hours of purchase. Buyer may return the dog for any reason at buyers expense to the breeder within 7 days of purchase with the AKC registration duly signed back over to breeder if ownership papers have been transferred. Breeder will refund the amount paid LESS any shipping charges.
Buyer shall assume full responsibility for the health, feeding, temperament and appearance of the dog and further agrees to maintain the dog at all times in good health with periodic checkups and vaccinations and any vet care necessary.
3. Buyer agrees to have the dog x-rayed for hip dysplasia by 24 months of age. X-rays must be taken in accordance with Orthopedic Foundation For Animals (OFA) procedures and submitted to the OFA for certification. It is agreed that NO breeding shall take place prior to this being done and a rating of “FAIR” or better is required. Should buyer wish to breed dog prior to the 24 months of age, written permission from breeder AND a preliminary OFA certification of “FAIR” or better shall be required. In addition buyer agrees to have dog obtain a CERF (Canine Eye Registration Foundation) rating of “CLEAR” and a "PATELLA" certification with no worse than a grade 1 prior to any breeding. Copies of ALL certificates are to be sent to breeder regardless of ratings
4. If ANY of the faults listed below are present in said dog, buyer agrees that the dog will NEVER be used for breeding in order to protect the Shiba Inu breed. IF said dog has any of the faults listed below buyer has the option to have said dog spayed/neutered and keep as a pet (breeder will refund any money paid less the $1,500.00 pet price) OR he/she MUST be returned to breeder (at buyers expense) after written certification by a licensed veterinarian stating such fault(s). Certification must be sent to breeder and breeder must agree that such fault(s) exist and breeder shall have the option (at breeders expense) to get a second opinion before the dog is spayed/neutered.
Hip Dysplasia – 3 yrs.
Oversize/Undersize – 2 yrs.
Cryptorchid or Monochid – 1 yr.
Grade 2 or worse Patella – 1 yr.
Faulty Bite – 1 yr.
Ectropion or Entropion – 1 yr.
Four or more genetically missing teeth – 1 yr.
Breeder agrees to sign off on the AKC papers when written proof of spay/neuter is sent to breeder OR once all terms of this contract have been met in full. Buyer agrees that above dog named in this contract shall never be bred if it has ANY of the above faults. If a breeding does take place the damages to breeders kennel reputation would be difficult to quantify and buyer will pay breeder $5,000.00 liquidated damages in the event of such a breeding and turn over AKC registration and dog to breeder immediately.
5. It is further agreed by buyer that proper safeguards will be taken to assure for the care and comfort of the dog, including but not limited to: a fenced yard, indoor shelter, quality food, exercise and proper socialization with other dogs and people. Any sign of abuse or neglect shall result in the immediate cancellation of this contract and complete ownership of the dog shall revert to the breeder. It is also the mutual understanding of both breeder and buyer that this dog shall live out its natural life as the companion of the buyer and his/her family. If, however the dog can no longer remain in the possession of the buyer it is agreed that the breeder will be notified and have the first option to purchase the dog back for no more than the original purchase price. It is further agreed that at NO time will this dog EVER be placed with a pet shop, broker, animal shelter or rescue group.
6. It is stipulated by and between the parties herein, that failure to comply with any of the conditions of this contract shall constitute a “breach of contract” and will result in the dog being permanently returned to the breeder at buyers expense and buyer shall forfeit all moneys paid and sign over to breeder the AKC papers.
7. It is further agreed that if any legal action becomes necessary it will take place in Lawrence, Kansas Jefferson County and the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover all expenses, including attorney’s fees. The foregoing sales contract made and signed by both parties is to assure the well being and protection of both parties, this dog and the Shiba Inu breed.
This contract contains the entire agreement between breeder and buyer and may not be amended except in writing and signed by both parties. This contract shall be binding by breeders and buyers successors, heirs and representatives. And as mentioned above any dispute of this contract must be settled in Lawrence, Kansas Jefferson County.
Dated and signed this ____________ day of ___________, 2011