Contract for Use of Stud
Stud Dog Information:
Lonita B Kress
2422 Union Rd.
Lawrence, KS 66044
This contract is entered into on this date
by Stud Dog Owner Lonita B Kress
Bitch Owner ________________
The fee for this service is $1,000.00 for AKC and $1,200.00 for AKC/NIPPO Litter registration papers will not be signed until stud fee and any associated veterinary or other agreed upon expenses are paid in full to stud owner.
DEFINITION OF “LITTER”
A litter, for the purposes of this contract, is defined as 1 puppy born alive. If breeding does not take, a repeat breeding will be given to the same bitch on her next season. If the bitch fails to conceive on the return service, this contract is terminated.
STUD DOG OWNER AGREES TO:
1) Provide a four-generation pedigree of the above-named stud dog;
2) Provide copies of any OFA or other clearances or testing results that have been performed on the stud dog;
3) Provide documentation of a current clear Brucellosis screening;
4) Take proper care of the bitch while in stud owner’s care;
5) Sign litter registration promptly upon payment in full of stud fee and any other outstanding balance related to this
6) Will ensure that bitch is bred two to three times naturally or artificially to cover the entire breeding cycle. If bitch is unable to be bred naturally and artificial insemination is needed, stud owner will notify bitch owner and provide an estimate of cost and if artificial insemination is agreed to by bitch owner will provide a copy of veterinary bill/invoice and bitch owner will be responsible for the cost, plus any additional fees incurred (such as gas, etc).
BITCH OWNER AGREES TO:
1) Pay the stud fee upon birth of litter resulting from this breeding;
2) Provide at least a four-generation pedigree of the bitch to be bred;
3) Provide copies of any OFA or other clearances or testing results that have been performed on the bitch to be bred;
4) Provide documentation of a current clear Brucellosis screening;
5) Send the bitch in good health, free of parasites or infections, and in season;
6) Notify stud dog owner in writing, no later than 70 days after breeding, if no pregnancy results from the mating, failure to do so will result in no return service being provided;
7) Keep the bitch properly confined following breeding to ensure no other dog could mate her accidentally before her season is complete;
8) Pay any and all veterinary and financial arrangements, including, but not limited to traveling expenses, emergency vet care for bitch related to this breeding, etc.
9) Bitch owner is responsible for the cost of bitch’s food, supplements and medication while in the care of stud owner.
10) NO puppy from this litter will be sold to a show home without stud owners permission and approval; ANY puppy not being kept by bitch owner for themselves IS to be sold STRICTLY as a PET. NO co-ownership of a show puppy is allowed and puppy is to never be leased, sold or given to any other person for breeding purposes.
11) Bitch owner agrees to sell ALL companion (PET) puppies resulting from this breeding with LIMITED registration, with a spay/neuter contract and that ANY cream(s) resulting from this breeding are to be automatically considered as PET quality and sold as such.
12) Bitch owner agrees to register the litter resulting from this breeding with the American Kennel Club (AKC) and NIPPO if dual registered. NO other registry is to be used.
Any breech in part or whole by bitch owner of this contract will result in $12,000 dollars in damages to stud owner and if legal action becomes necessary bitch owner will be required to come to Lawrence, Kansas, Jefferson County and the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover any and all expenses including attorney fees.
Signed This Day _________________________________________
Stud Owner ____________________________________________
Lonita B. Kress